Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Yoga progress

I committed to a monthly package at OnyxMind&Body in Warren, NJ and I couldn't be happier. I was a little nervous at first because I am trying to watch every dollar these days, but it is money well spent! The studio is beautiful and the classes are taught by some AMAZING yogis.  I have learned from each and every one of them.

Today's post is about progress.  I still have rough days on the mat but overall I FEEL GREAT!Remember when I said I could barely stay in down dog? Well, I am now getting into poses I never thought would be possible.

I remember being super impressed seeing my fellow classmates get into side crow pose;



I have really been practicing but the most I could do was lift my butt off the ground.  Then, last night while showing Frank the little I could do, I somehow lifted my body off the ground - and held it!

woohoooooo!!!!!

The instructions given by the teachers have really helped me grow in my practice. I have also been able to get into other poses that I had previously tried but never allowed my body, or more importantly my mind, to relax into them.

Here they are:

king pigeon
 
 

Headstand - I'm working on getting those elbows in......

My poses are not the prettiest, but it's a start and I am so happy I tried it! I was holding myself back just by telling myself I couldn't do it. I am allowing myself to try new things and I am open to receive more out of my practice.  There is plenty of room to grow and I am looking forward to it. 

Sometimes you think you are going to fall out of a pose but you just have to think, "...so what"!  If you fall out you just have to get back up and celebrate your failures because at least it means you tried.  I have the bruises to prove it so I am going to revel in them.

So how are you all progressing in your practice, be it yoga or general working out?  Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment