Thursday, May 23, 2013

This is going to be my year =)


Thick and Thiin – yes I know I spelled thin wrong but sometimes I just like to add a little flavor to a word ;)

 “I will exercise every day”!

“I will watch what I eat and only consume healthy foods”!

“I will have a six pack by age 25, 26, 27…..and now 33”!

How many times have you said the above statements to yourself?  These words have left my mouth too many times to count.  Well, maybe not the exact way written above but you get the gist…

Recently, I decided to leave my place of employment to start fresh and reinvent myself.  My main goal is to get healthy through exercise and diet and one of the many reasons for writing this blog. I plan on sharing my path to healthful bliss and hope to motivate many of you to follow suit during my journey of “self re-discovery”.

I’ve been a working woman my whole adult life and I know the challenges of finding the time to make healthy choices.  I took a leap and left my corporate job in hopes of bringing some cleansing in my own life - physically, mentally and emotionally.  It was a big risk but I am a believer that with big risks come big rewards and that you have to stick through "Thick and Thin" to see the results. :)

So….some facts about me…..

1)      I am a Penn State grad with a degree in Biology (strength in Physiology)

2)      I really got to use my Bio degree once out of college working 5 years in lighting design and 5 years in kitchen sales/design in NYC ;)

3)      I am 5’ 2- ¾” (on a good day) and my weight is none of yo business…..let’s just say I have some to lose.  Although, I am firm believer that the scale does not always reflect how healthy you are on the inside

4)      I once thought that I could combat my love of junk food just working out but as I have gotten older I have realized that this does not work.  And as tasty as it may be, it always makes you feel sluggish afterward…just not worth it!

5)      I LOVE motivating people and thinking positive! I will be your biggest cheerleader!

6)      I will need you to motivate me as much as I will motivate you.  King Arthur did something right with that big roundtable of his….

7)      I love to workout with my husband…..this is typically what he looks like after one of our Daily Hiit sessions

 

So that’s me off my soap box.  Tomorrow brings a new day, a new workout and a new post……follow me here and I promise we can do this together!


XOXO

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

5 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you (except for the blackmaiil picture of me). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WAS ALMOST FIRST EXCEPT FOR ALL OF THE TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES!! :P

      Delete
  2. Looking forward to watching you grow and being part of your motivational story! Keep up the good work, and all the best to you on this new adventure! xoxox, T!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to follow your journey, Vanessa! Big props to you for making a huge life change! - Jocelyne

    ReplyDelete