Sunday, May 26, 2013

Gratitude

This weekend marks our annual Memorial Day weekend.  While most of us here in the US think of this as the start of summer, I must remind everyone what we are truly celebrating.

Memorial Day is a US holiday remembering of all the men and women who died while serving in the United States Armed Forces.

THANK YOU, to all the military men and women who have made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our freedom.

Instead of posting about exercise or fitness today, I am simply going to list a few things for which I am thankful. It is so easy to overlook the many wonderful things we have been given. Take a few minutes every day to write down 3 things for which you are grateful. I think you will be surprised about how quickly you will start to see other things in your day in a positive light! J

So, today I am thankful for….

1)      My freedom – thank you soldiers for the ultimate sacrifice.  This is a great country to grow up in and as a daughter of immigrants I always remember the opportunities this land has to offer.
2)      My husband – I am lucky to have married my best friend and a person I will have the pleasure of growing old with (God willing)
3)      My parents – for doing the best job at the hardest job this world offers you – and being great at it!
4)      My brothers – for helping raise me to be the strong woman I am (or at least think I am ;))
5)      My sister – a military woman, a great mother and an inspiration for me
6)      My friends – for truly being my extended family
7)      My in-laws – an addition to my family – I am one lucky girl to love them as if I was an actual blood relative
8)      My home – for the roof over my head, the pillow under it and the covers that keep me warm at night
9)      My food – for nourishing my body
10)   For CLEAN water – the elixir of life
11)   For the Sun – for its warmth and energy

So, that’s it for today……thank you for reading this and the opportunity to share…..

XOXO

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 
Here's the notebook where I list my daily "grateful" notes - thank you Jen Fordham for personalizing it for me =)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment